Wednesday, March 17, 2010

GiST #94

1. The sun's been out today and yesterday. The sun's brightened everyone's moods!
2. Every day we are closer to the promise of spring. :D
3. We were spared this:

But TB's gotten a lot more logs and is already busy at work on them!
4. There's a good reason I haven't been online with GiSTs. I've been writing.
5. There is a complete story to part of my life already and I've been working on that--widowhood, struggling through the fog and pain of grief, making a decision to go on, and my remarriage to TB.
6. I've finally begun "scheduling" appointments to write. I didn't like to do it before, found it to be formal and a form of pressure. Whenever I wanted to write, though, something was always coming up. I'm doing much better now that I'm scheduling the time in.
7. I'm being mindful with my snacks, measuring them and limiting how much I eat.
8. We're having corned beef and cabbage again for dinner. I'm so thrilled! I'm also making soda bread scones to go along with it.
9. I am finally wearing the shirt my daughter got me from Walmart that says "Saint Patrick's Day March 17, 2010". It's a large. I was wearing a 2XL and those shirts were getting snug.
10. I've lost over 100 lbs. in the near year I've had surgery and I'm feeling really good!

0 comments: