Tuesday, March 23, 2010

GiST #99

1. I called to get tickets for Les Miserables and found out that the show was postponed to May. In a way, this is a good thing because hopefully we won't be so financially strapped.

2. My Daily Affirmations For Adult Children of Alcoholics came in the mail today. I got it for $.01 on Amazon and then just paid shipping and handling for it.

3. I wasn't able to get the doctor to agree to a book crossing zone in the waiting room but at least I talked to him about it.

Explanation: Ever since I can remember, the Center for Family Guidance has had a book case where people bring books or take them home. It was sort of like a take one/leave one idea. I left many many books there and also picked up many good reads. Suddenly, it disappeared. When I asked, the office manager (who loved the idea and nurtured it along) said it was because a parent complained about her kids looking at the covers of romance novels. The manager was annoyed with the mother saying it just takes one to spoil it for everyone. All the books had to be removed. Today I decided to present an idea to the psychiatrist in charge. My idea was to move the bookcase across the room where kids don't play. I volunteered to bring in toys for the kids and to check the covers of the books. The doctor liked the idea but said unfortunately they can't go with even that idea because of that woman's complaint. Yeesh, the romance books there are just those cheap things you see sold at the grocery or drug stores. Oh well.

4. I didn't follow my writing or walking schedules today but I was mindful of what I ate!

5. Lost is on tonight! :D

0 comments: